Makes 6 Servings
- 6 (4-oz) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 6 cups mixed vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. Hold it flat with the palm of one hand and, with a chef’s knife in the other hand, carefully slice it in half horizontally (parallel to the cutting board). Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet or tenderizer until ¼ inch thick (or about twice the original size). Set aside.
- Combine almound flour, garlic, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine egg and water in a shallow dish; whisk to blend.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture; dredge in almond flour mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Place skillet in oven; bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a thermometer instered into the thickest pat of each breast reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While chicken is baking, heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add vegetables, cook stirring frequently for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Serve chicken with roasted veggies and brown rice
Container Equivalents: 1 green, 1 red, ½ orange, 1/2 yellow, 1 tsp