- 2tsp. of olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 3 chopped rotisserie chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 ½ cups of sliced carrots
- 1tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. of sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 ¼ cups of dry whole wheat pasta (shells or penne)- or quinoa, or rice pasta
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until onion
- is translucent.
- Add broth, chicken, carrots, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add
- pasta, reduce heat to low’ gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro before serving.